Sunday 8 November 2015

The International Dog Show (CACIB)

Hello everyone,



I would like to share with you my latest experience. Yesterday I visited the International Dog Show, which took place in Poznan, where I am currently living. The event was organised in pavillions of The Poznan International Fair. In the show took place above two thousand dogs of about 480 dog breeds. The dogs were presented in three pavillions. There was also one in which it was a possibility to buy some dog accessories, dog foods and snacks. I visited several dog shows but the yesterday's was the first organised indoor I watched. It was a good idea because of the rainy weather.

I was really impressed with the variety of dog breeds I could see. I had been sure I know many names very well but it turned out that I was wrong. There were a lot of dogs I had never seen before. What's more seeing them on the street, I could tell there are mutts. What a shame of me :).

My favourite breed group is FCI1, which includes Sheepdogs and Cattle Dogs. To tell you the truth, I claim that a real dog is a big one. The Sheepdogs are massive, elegant and really clever. I have always wanted to have one.

Yesterday I was focused on watching the competition of Australian Cattle Dogs and Czechoslovakian Wolfdogs. I was standing much time, watching the dogs which were running. I realised that the rules of the judging were a little bit changed. Ten years ago it was incredible to give a title for a dog, which is naughty, scared or bark-like. I have the impression that yesterday one of the dogs was unappreciated. It was really well-behaved and cooperated with its owner very well. It's a pitty. I am not an expert but some decisions I am not able to understand.

My favorite was Australian Cattle Dog, the one which loves sitting on the chair. I do not know its name but it was a male from Russia. It was really calm, almost peacefll. It was running with elegance and was not afraid of judges who were controlling its teeths. It fully obeyed its owner, a middle-aged ginger woman.




I really recommend you to visit not only the Dog but also the Cat Shows. This week there is also one organised in Arena Hall in Poznan. Those events can broaden your mind and knowledge of the variety of animals live in the world. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment