Wednesday 7 January 2015

New Year's resolutions, do it or not to do?

When the end of the year is coming, I always think about New Year's resolutions and every year I promise myself to perserve in every single. To be honest, I am not sure if all these promises and efforts are needed to make us better people or only to increase our self-evaluation.

Many people change something at the beginning of the New Year but is it really  neccessary and why do it just then? A few days ago I watched on TV an interview with a sociologist who was describing a phenomenon of making New Year's resolutions. As he said and as it was explored, making some revolutionary decision at the mantioned time do not have any special impact on its realization. Expressing more precisely, the change of the year makes no difference for a human beeing in daily life and in the way of thinking, so this period does not facilitate one to perserve in efforts.
However, it was estimated that the more people hear our declaration, the more probable becomes its realization. Why? Because many people care about opinion of the others. The way of thinking is that: I said about my plans to all my friends so I must perserve even one of them not to look like a fool. This is a fact that the peer pressure can either stimulate us to action or make us disheartened.

For me everything depands on our willpower and mental strenght. Everybody is able to do everything he dreams about as long as is up to devote much time to start from scratch or to catch up. Many plans seem to be too difficult to realize but it is better to try and fail than not try and not believe that we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment