Sunday 30 November 2014

Memories from childhood

This autumn time when we are feeling quite overwhelmed by the weather and the lack of sun, return to our memories from the past.

My childhood was very happy. I grew up in a small town nearby Koszalin, in northen Poland. Many people there knew one another what made this place very familiar. The children were going to one school, participating in its life also after lessons. It was not even one teacher that I could dislike.
I loved my quarter and my own room in our middle-size appartment on the first floor. My parents gave me all their love, teaching me how to be honest and diligent. They also made my life carefree and satisfying. When we moved out from this little town, my life was totally changed. I had to go to another school in a big city, feeling solitude and a lack of acceptance. My friends were staying in our small paradise and from that time we were not in touch. It took me more than a year to get used to a new situation. I found new friends but not as valuable as the previous ones. One day in July 2004, about 3 weeks after the move, we adopted a small dog which had been wandering round our residential area. Alf became my the best friend and we passed all holidays that year together.

One year after we bought another dog, a puppy one, which taught me how to take care of a small creature, making it an obedient animal.

    My friends let me down many times but animals gave a new sense to my life. I decided to help those which were lonely and hurt as I had been in the past. I became a volunteer in an animal shelter, which made me satisfied with the small things we could do for the others.




The winter is coming so remember about animals in need which would like to feel happy even once. Thank You :)

No comments:

Post a Comment