Friday 7 November 2014

A trip to Prague

Dear readers,

I would like to share with you my experience related with a sightseeing trip to Prague.
I visited Prague once in September and I spent there 4 days.
Why Prague? The idea was born when one of Polish bus lines started to sell a new quota of cheap tickets. I bought two for me and my boyfriend. The price for them was really low but I do not remember it excatly.
The trip by bus took about 13 hours spent basically on sleeping and eating chocolate :).

Our hostel was situated in Žižkov, the quarter of Prague which name derives from Hussite leader called Jan Žižka. It was far away from the Old Town but the pubblic transport in Prague is fully developed so there was not any problem with communication in the city.

Prague is the biggest city od Czech Republic so the sightseeing should be planned carefully.

Our first day we spent on visiting the Old Town which is rich in catedrals, fountains, theatres and climatic cafes.


The second day we decided to sightsee Hradčany which is the royal district of Prague with an enorme castle and St Vitus Cathedral which made a great impression on us not less as the Charles Bridge. The whole zone is situated on the other side of river Weltawa and also on acclivity.

The last two days we planned to spend on sightseeing those places which are not very crowded and presented in many guidebooks as Vyšehrad from which we could admire the view over the whole city. We also tried to discover interesting places in Žižkov as the monument of Jan Žižka and Žižkovský vysílač that is the transmitter tower, 'inheritance' from the Communist Regime.

I consider that it is worth to see Prague because it is the capital with interesting history and can offer a great deal of attractions and the best beer I have ever drunk.

 

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I heard a lot of positive opinions about Prague and your post encouraged me even more to visit this city one day, even if I'm not a lover of Czech beer ;)

    ReplyDelete