Monday 4 January 2016

A book I would like to read, part 1

Hi,

at the beginning I would like to wish you Happy New Year :)

These days I have read many books. However, to tell you the truth, nearly all of these are strictly related to my faculty. Now, I want to tell a little about those I would like to read in 2016. There are many books I have just bought or received. I dream to read them. This series of posts would encounter me and you to start reading what you really want to, without any pression from any side so let's go.

The first book is about a Polish musician and personality, born in Warsaw Kazik Staszewski. The whole title of the book is 'Idę tam gdzie idę: Autobiografia- Kazik Staszewski'. As it is mentioned in the title, it is an autobiography. It was given to me for this Christmas present. Kazik Staszewski is one of my favourites Polish musicians. I really appreciate his songs and principaly texts. For me, he is an artist one could really love, another really hate. His songs are very characteristic, full of metaphors and hidden truths. You must really concentrate to take passion from this kind of music.

For the first sight, the book looks well in relation to its size. For a man in-his-fifties the amount of 432 pages is really on the place. The front cover presents a photo portrait of Kazik Staszewski with his today look. I really regret that the book is not in a hard cover, The publication has been edited by Kosmos Kosmos publishing house in 2015. The introdution says that the book tells the story and experience of a few generations which is very universal as Kazik's songs. The main quotation says in Polish: 'Zawsze sobie mówiłem, że pewne historie pozwolę opublikować dopiero po mojej śmierci, ale niekoniecznie muszę się tego trzymać'. It suggests that the book could present a really interesting memories.

For me, it is not a simple autobiography because it has been written in a form of an interview. The text is accompanied by black and white photos, There are many but they do not overbalance. The book is divided in twenty eight chapters but I think it is possible to read from one question to another without losing a main sense of the book.


1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you feel about the books you'd love o read. I really miss the times when I was hearing about a good book and I was immediatly doing my best to read it. Now, I don't even find the time to finish a little, onehundred-pages book that I've started during the Christmass Holiday. There are always some "Branchie" to read or some ten-pages essays to write...

    ReplyDelete